Technical Sales Portsmouth (US) or Fredericton (CA)
For more than 25 years, Quality Positioning Services (QPS) have been experts in maritime geomatics software and services. We are unique in that our solutions encompass the entire workflow, from the surveyor all the way to the pilot. Our solutions are used across a variety of industries, including hydrographic surveying, dredging, offshore construction, oil and gas, offshore wind farm support, chart production, and piloting. At QPS we hold a few specific traits above all else when it comes to running our business. People first; our people are our greatest strength and at QPS, we have a culture of trust and support. Excellence; we strive for excellence and take pride in our software, support, and services. Innovation; we value ingenuity and initiative and are always looking ahead to what is next. We believe these are the solid foundation for a successful and happy work environment.
Quality Positioning Services BV (QPS), headquartered in Zeist the Netherlands, is an independent software design company founded in 1986. QPS subsidiary offices are located in Banbury UK, Portsmouth, NH USA and in Fredericton Canada.
We’re looking for a Technical Sales Representative to strengthen our team at either our Portsmouth, New Hampshire office in the US or at our Fredericton office in Canada. Working remotely will be considered for the right candidate.
- Proactively connecting with new customers, evaluating prospects, and maintaining relations with existing customers.
- Traveling to potential customers to do product demonstrations and product awareness.
- Promote QPS products at domestic and international conferences and exhibitions.
- Preparing and hosting workshops and webinars.
- Primary territory for this position is the Americas.
- Travel requirements approximately 25% of the year.
- Assisting group manager with business development process by identifying new strategic opportunities.
- Responsible for tracking customer information and maintaining a Sales Force database.
- Reporting to the M&S group manager.
- A high level of professionalism, engagement, and industry knowledge.
- A high comfort level of both in-person and virtual training platforms and customer service scenarios.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, a professional attitude, the ability to manage relationships with prospects, customers and partners from various industries and cultures.
- A degree or equivalent in relevant subject (e.g. Hydrography preferred) or relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Minimum 3 years of QPS product suite experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Communication skills in Spanish desired but not required.
- A communicative team player.
- Must be able to multi-task and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to travel abroad for short periods.
- In possession of a valid passport.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
- US or Canadian citizenship or work permit for the US or Canada.
A good salary and a comprehensive benefits package. You will become part of a dedicated and highly experienced team driven by passion and the ambition to excel and innovate. At QPS, you work at the forefront of technical automation, in a flat organization that is driven by knowledge. A company where your ingenuity and initiative can grow to their full potential. Our company culture is informal, open and friendly. We provide excellent opportunities for training, with regard for your personal ambitions and employability. You will find challenge and variation in an innovative, dynamic, and international environment.
For further details or to apply to this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org