Zeist (NL) or Fredericton (CA)
At QPS you work at the forefront of technical automation, in a horizontal organization that is driven by knowledge. Your ingenuity and initiative can grow to their full potential. Our company culture is informal, open and friendly. We provide excellent possibilities for training while we take your personal ambitions and employability into account. You will find challenge and variation in an innovative, dynamic and international environment. We provide a good salary and a complete package of secondary working conditions.
Quality Positioning Services BV (QPS), headquartered in Zeist the Netherlands, is an independent software design company founded in 1986. QPS subsidiary offices are located in Banbury UK, Portsmouth USA and in Fredericton Canada.
QPS navigation and positioning software is used on board offshore construction vessels, pipe-lay barges, drilling rigs, seismic research vessels and hydrographic survey vessels. QPS has a fast growing market share in the offshore industry, dredging industry and port communities.
Do you have the talent and the drive to make the difference? Do you want to be part of our winning team?
We’re looking for a junior support engineer to strengthen our team at either our Zeist office in the Netherlands or at our Fredericton office in Canada.
You will be
- Providing customer support for QPS Products.
- Supporting our customers on-site and be responsible for QPS software installation (onshore or offshore).
- Responsible for keeping up to date with QPS product and program developments.
- Giving software training for QPS products and integrated 3rd party software, either in house or at customer’s location.
- Helping to maintain training material and create training reports.
- Writing and reviewing user software documentation.
- A degree or equivalent in relevant subject (e.g. Hydrography preferred) or relevant experience.
- Dutch or Canadian residency or work permit / visa / citizenship.
- Organization and flexibility to adapt rapidly to changes in technology.
- Good communication skills for delivering user instruction, conducting training sessions, and for reporting back to the Support team.
- Willingness and availability for travel.
- Maximum of 2 years work experience in Hydrography.
A good salary and a complete remuneration package. You will become part of a dedicated and highly experienced team driven by passion and the ambition to excel and innovate. At QPS you work at the forefront of technical automation in a flat organization that is driven by knowledge. A company where your ingenuity and initiative can grow to their full potential. Our company culture is informal, open and friendly. We provide excellent opportunities for training, with regard for your personal ambitions and employability. You will find challenge and variation in an innovative, dynamic, and international environment.
Saab is a well-known supplier of defence and security solutions. The world is ever changing and Saab proactively responds to this. We continuously use our experience to help our customers with better solutions.
Saab is divided into five business areas that in total contain 30 product areas. QPS B.V. joined the Saab family and became part of the product area Traffic Management, consisting of over 600 employees, with offices in The Netherlands, the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, Sweden, China and Hong Kong.
Interested? For further details or to apply to this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com