Junior Software Developer Zeist (NL)
At QPS you work at the forefront of technical automation, in a horizontal organization that is driven by knowledge. Your ingenuity and initiative can grow to their full potential. Our company culture is informal, open and friendly. We provide excellent possibilities for training while we take your personal ambitions and employability into account. You will find challenge and variation in an innovative, dynamic and international environment. We provide a good salary and a complete package of secondary working conditions.
Quality Positioning Services BV (QPS), headquartered in Zeist the Netherlands, is an independent software design company founded in 1986. QPS subsidiary offices are located in Banbury UK, Portsmouth USA and in Fredericton Canada.
QPS navigation and positioning software is used on board offshore construction vessels, pipe-lay barges, drilling rigs, seismic research vessels and hydrographic survey vessels. QPS has a fast growing market share in the offshore industry, dredging industry and port communities.
Do you have the talent and the drive to make the difference? Do you want to be part of our winning team?
We’re looking for a junior support engineer to strengthen our team at our Zeist office in the Netherlands.
You will be
- Developing new features and fixing bugs;
- Responsible for QA testing;
- Part of a skilled energetic development team;
- Dutch residency or EU citizenship
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a degree in a related field combined with software development training and experience. 0-2 years relevant experience as software developer and technical insight;
- Knowledge of C++, C-Sharp or Object Orientated Programming;
- Able to work comfortably in either a Windows, Linux or Mac development environment;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with GIS, cartography, or mapping applications;
- Experience using the Qt Application Development Framework;
- Exposure to agile development methodologies;
A good salary and a complete remuneration package. You will become part of a dedicated and highly experienced team driven by passion and the ambition to excel and innovate. At QPS you work at the forefront of technical automation in a flat organization that is driven by knowledge. A company where your ingenuity and initiative can grow to their full potential. Our company culture is informal, open and friendly. We provide excellent opportunities for training, with regard for your personal ambitions and employability. You will find challenge and variation in an innovative, dynamic, and international environment.
Interested? For further details or to apply to this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com